Thursday, January 04, 2007

A bird dog

As I was writing my last post, Jackson was outside. He has been asking to come in for several minutes and then he stopped. That is when I started to hear the strangest noise. At first I though that it was a TV in the other room. Next, I decided that it was kids from the neighborhood playing at the end of the street. The noise settled down and then got nervous that something had happened to my dog. I hopped up and got to the door as quickly as I could while trying not to dump my laptop in the floor. This is what I found..

Jackson, at the end of his leash at the farm side of our yard looking at and listening intently to SOMETHING. I got my shoes on and walked over by him and then I heard it! I am pretty sure it was a turkey! That is when the laughing started...

Jackson, the 90 pound bird dog, (who, backed the ADT salesman about 10 feet from my door with his barking) jumped behind me and started shaking. We stayed out there for a while and listened and he stood behind me the entire time. Since he came in the house he has been plastered to my side like the vicious turkey is going to come in here at eat him alive. I am so glad to know that if there ever is any danger or threat on my life that he will come to my rescue. What a sissy! My bird dog is afraid of Turkeys and thereofre birds.

No comments: