Saturday, June 23, 2007

Healing and Mexico

Jackson is healing nicely! He actually played out in the yard most of the afternoon, in thunderstorms!

I mowed the lawn and attempted to plant a new tree. The ground was so compacted down, I think from the tractors from construction driving all over the back yard. Needless to say, the tree is still in a pot.

My annual Mission trip to Mexico is coming up very quickly. I have mixed emotions about going. I am excited and anxious all at the same time. I am not sure what I am going to be doing in Mexico this year, the past 2 years I have planned and organized the activities for the kids. It was a huge challenge and I feel like it was a whole lot of work, with out the outcome that I envisioned. It is hard for me when I work so hard at planning something and "seeing" how it will work out, and then the actual outcome "falling short." Last year, El Club de Biblia para los ninos, was so crazy! There was very little time in which we could get translators and it was hard for us non Spanish speaking individuals to communicate Bible lessons and directions for crafts. It was very difficult. I had more fun making bracelets and coloring with the kids while there was down time. I also was able o help in the medical clinic and with a few other small projects.

This year I am not sure where I am going to fit in. I really want to do clinic and help the nurses. I think this would give me wonderful hands-on experience for a career in nursing. I also want to help with the kids becasue I enjoyed them last year and I have a lot of knowledge in what works in Mexico and what does not. I am hoping that I will be able to pass along some of this knowledge this year and have time to hang out with children and do a few things, but also have time to be in the clinics.

I think the time away from home and work will be good. I am ready to have a vacation from my life, I will miss the Brown kiddos though!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I think we all have worries about doing Gods work. Its where we learn that we are God's instrument and that hey we do fall short. Pray and realize that you are human, just like me :)