Sunday, December 02, 2007

Sleepover

On Friday night I had Brighton and Abby over for a sleepover. We had lots of fun and lots of food. I took the girls to Taco Bell for dinner and then we came home and had popcorn, candy, soda and even some milk. The girls picked out 2 movies at Blockbuster.

After we ate and the popcorn was made we changed into our jammies and watched a movie. Abby and I feel asleep at about 9:30pm and Brighton was awake until 10:30 when the movies was over. I thought for sure that I would be up with them until the wee hours, but I guess when you get a 8 year olds out of bed at 6am, they are tired by 10pm.

The next morning I fixed hot chocolate, pancakes, and bacon. After breakfast the girls went downstairs to play. They play with the dolls I had when I was their age. It was fun to watch them play together and not argue over them. It was fun to see my dolls after so long in boxes.Brighton and Abby also enjoyed the dog kennel and the toddler tricycle.



It was fun to spend time with these girls, we had a great talk about God and what he desires from us as young women. Of course with girls this age we did talk about boys. They are so young to worry about this, yet our society is demanding that children grow up so fast. I had a great "teachable moment" to tell them that God wants us to focus on Him and not boys. The insight that the girls had already about focusing on God and not boys was amazing. I pray that each of these girls will remember these things as the face the beginning of the teenage years. I also pray that this was just the first sleepover of many that we will be able to have! I love Brighton and Abby and can't wait to spend time with them as they grow!





No comments: