Saturday, December 01, 2007

I almost missed this....

Winston came to live with us 2 weeks ago. In those two weeks I have been getting up about 1 hour earlier and taking Winston and Jackson for a walk. We have made good progress in our walks. The first morning Jackson walked perfect, like always as long as he has his training collar on, and I dragged Winston down to the corner and back. Day 2 was better, less dragging.
By day 3 Winston walked along with Jackson. Then came the day I had a broken finger. That was HARD work, it was cold and I had to hold both leashes in one hand. I tried a new route on this walk and actually ended up lost! I almost had to call for a rescue pick up and then I found a street name that I knew lead back to the main road. 2 weeks have gone by and we have now made it up to 2 miles in about 35-40 minutes.

On Tuesday of this week, I did NOT want to get up. I was tired, my hand was hurting and I had an allergic reaction to the tape on my hand the night before so I was suffering the benadryl hangover. I dragged myself up the stairs, got dressed, wrangled the dogs and head out the door and saw this....







God is so good to grant us little surprises when we need them most. As I was walking that morning, I was very aware of God in my life and thankful that I had breath and life to drag myself out of bed to see His Glorious creation.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

wow what a reward.